This is Me

Wednesday, February 12, 2003

The past couple of days I've been out of it. Now, it's not because Valentine's Day is coming up, because on that front I'm quite happy. Single life is good, and I don't have a girl draining all my funds. You see, the other day somebody I know told me that they can't stand me because everything I do is done to satisfy some twisted selfish delight. Man... I know I'm a sinner, but geez... I didn't know that I was that bad. To make things worse, the past couple of days I didn't do my devotionals and spend time in the Word. It's completely obvious that all I have is God, but sometimes I push God away when things aren't going well. As Chin San mentioned over the weekend, albeit in a completely different context, I need to quit segmenting the Lord, and really let him occupy every part of my life. After all, God is God... and I am... well... I am me.

Yet, this morning I woke up really happy. The reason for that is my grandmother appeared in my dream. I was really close to her my whole life, but this October she left us to join the Lord. I know she's in a much better place, having reached the place we all long to be, but that doesn't stop me from missing her. This is why seeing her in my dream just made me so happy. It's great how she appeared in my dream at a time I was feeling so down. As I woke up, I felt inspired and moved. My grandmother's two favorite activities were praying and reading the Word. It left me determined to spend time doing more of the same. I just hope this isn't a short term thing, but has long lasting effects. Man... God is good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home