This is Me

Monday, July 21, 2003

A couple of days ago I went to the wedding of a couple that I've known for the longest time. To my surprise, the wedding was quite nice, and I went away with a renewed respect for marriage as an institution. I walked away from the marriage thinking that God was indeed glorified, and that for every marriage with infidelity (ie Kobe Bryant), there is a marriage that remains true as well. Marriage symbolizes the end of one life and the beginning of a new partnership. I guess it's similar to being born again when receiving Christ. Ever since people around my age started getting married, I've focused on the sorrow that marriage ends one's singleness. However, I finally realized once again that the partnership in marriage is an exciting new beginning and life... after all just like being born again... leaving your old life behind is not a bad thing.

Also at the wedding, I realized that I am an old man. Never in my life have adult asked about introducing me to a girl yet, in this past week 2 people have asked me about introductions. Once by my parents, and another by a former pastor. Man... I must have DESPERATE BACHELOR stamped across my forehead. Both cases dealt with introductions to older girls. They must have REALLY DESPERATE BACHELORETTE stamped across their foreheads.

Anyways, a few random thoughts.

Has anybody else realized the shocking similarities the Lakers now have to the Portland Trailgangstas? First, the overload of talent on the team with multiple all stars. Now, the Lakers are becoming a team of criminals just like Portland. Gary Payton assault, Kobe sexual assault... next thing you know Shaq will be found with weed. But not like any of this matters... athletes are never found guilty for whatever crime they allegedly committed.

Some people are wondering if George Bush should be impeached if he knowingly lied to Americans about Iraq. My thoughts... I don't think George Bush has knowingly done anything since he became president.

Why do fat people order a double cheeseburger, large fries, and a DIET coke?

And finally... why don't they sell the Spurs championship DVD in California? I've visited Best Buy, Borders, and The Wherehouse. Nobody is carrying it. But then again... maybe it's good. I need to get over my idol worship of the greatest team in the history of sports.

Interesting fact of the day: Mahatma Gandhi never won a Nobel Peace Price. Yassir Arafat won a Nobel Peace Prize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home